Slip and Fall Accidents in Ontario - KCY at LAW - Personal Injury Lawyers

Slip and Fall Accidents

Slip and Fall Accidents

Have you slipped, tripped, or fallen and been injured as a result? You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, income loss, and other expenses as a result of the slip and fall accident.

Ontario law states that business, store and private property owners owe a duty of care to those invited onto their property. Similarly, cities and municipalities can be held liable if public walkways, roads, and paths are not properly maintained and a slip or trip and fall occurs as a result. Injuries can occur due to slippery floor surfaces, uneven surfaces, ice and snow, poor lighting and/or inadequate marking of defects, all of which the law in Ontario states should be addressed by the party or parties responsible for maintaining those areas.

What To Do If You Suffer a Slip and Fall Accident

If you have sustained an injury from a slip or trip and fall accident you need to put those responsible on notice of your fall and injuries as soon as possible. In Ontario, if you wish to commence a lawsuit against those who may be at fault, you must do so within two (2) years of your fall. Otherwise, your limitation period will have expired and you may be without any means to receive compensation through the Ontario legal system.

Slip and Fall Accidents Ontario - KCY at LAW - Personal Injury Lawyers Horizontal

Generally speaking, in the case of cities and municipalities, you must put them on notice within ten (10) days following your fall. If you do not notify them within this time period of your fall, you will likely be unable to file a lawsuit against them later.

Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyers, Ontario

If you have suffered injuries as a result of a slip or trip and fall, contact KCY at LAW right away so that you receive the proper advice and in order to ensure that your legal rights and remedies are not impacted. Our lawyers will advise you if you have missed any limitation periods and, if not, whether and to what extent you are entitled to compensation for your losses.

Call KCY at LAW on (905) 639-0999 today or fill in our form to book a FREE consultation!

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *