Proving Liability in Slip and Fall Accidents
Proving liability in a slip or trip and fall case is not as easy as you may think. There are a number of factors to consider when determining liability in a slip and fall accident which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Did the fall happen on public or private property?
- Did the fall happen on a municipal road or municipal sidewalk?
- Was ice and snow involved?
- Were there any warning signs that the area of the fall contained any potential hazards?
- What kind of footwear were you wearing at the time?
- If the fall happened outside, what was the weather like?
- Did you require prescription eyewear at the time of the fall? If so, were you wearing eyewear?
- Did you consume any alcohol or drugs prior to the fall?
- Did you suffer from any impairments or injuries at the time of the fall?
- Were you on any medications at the time of the fall?
- Did you give a statement or fill out an incident report after your fall occurred?
- Were any photographs taken of the area that you fell?
This list is not exhaustive but should give you an idea that slip or trip and fall cases are often not as straight forward as you may have thought.
Slip & Fall Injury Lawyers
Our firm has the knowledge and expertise to answer any and all questions you may have. If you have suffered injuries as a result of a slip or trip and fall, contact KCY at LAW right away so that you receive the proper advice and in order to ensure that your legal rights and remedies are not impacted.
Our lawyers will advise you if you have missed any limitation periods and, if not, whether and to what extent you are entitled to compensation for your losses.
Call KCY at LAW on (905) 639-0999 or contact us online today to book a FREE consultation!